Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
cdixon

Default auto copy and past

Need help. I need a macro or program that can sort and copy the
information I enter in one sheet over to another sheet. The information
needs to be sorted by name and filed on the distention sheet in that
order. As I enter the information or by a command.
Example:
Sheet 1: John
Tom
Jim
Bob
Tom
Bob

Sheet 2 The information would look like this

John
Tom
Tom
Bob
Bob

Any Idea or am I in to deep?

--
cdixon
cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28924

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Michael Gill

Hi cdixon,

Try this one:
Sub SheetCopy()

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
End Sub

Michael
-------------
Michael Gill
- If you found this post useful please press "Yes" under the "Was this post
helpful" section - Thanks :)

"cdixon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kickbush

I have an Excel spreadsheet created for my small scooter (moped)
dealership. Right now I end up having to re-type the same info (name,
address, price, VIN, etc) on each sheet for the differnet forms I have
to fill in (large, lengthy, boring forms). Is there any way I can have
sheet one be a "general info" sheet where I enter the info once and it
automatically appears in select spots on sheets 2 and 3? This would be
a FANTASTIC time saving feature for me!

HELP!

Swamped in repeated data entry.

Bob

--
kickbush
kickbush's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30762

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

If you create a template (save as *.xlt) then every time you will open a
copy of that template and then just fill in what's not already filled in

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"kickbush" wrote in
message ...