Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wwoody

Default total number of records

I have have col d 3-80 that i would like to
sum the total of records that i have that are not 0. first i did
=count(d3:d80) which
gave me the count but now i want to add more 0 cells like d3:d100 and
keep adding
0 cells as needed. I tried countif(d3:d80)(<0) but this didn't work.
Can anybody give me the correct answer?

--
wwoody
wwoody's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17362

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme

Are you confusing COUNT and SUM
To COUNT the number of non-zero cells use =COUNT(D3:D100,"0")
To sum them use =SUM(D3:D100), adding zeros will no alter result!
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"wwoody" wrote in
message ...

I have have col d 3-80 that i would like to
sum the total of records that i have that are not 0. first i did
=count(d3:d80) which
gave me the count but now i want to add more 0 cells like d3:d100 and
keep adding
0 cells as needed. I tried countif(d3:d80)(<0) but this didn't work.
Can anybody give me the correct answer?

--
wwoody
wwoody's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wwoody

Sorry but i have + and - numbers in the d col and i just want the record
count.

--
wwoody
wwoody's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17362
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier

Hi

Maybe
=COUNTIF(D3:D100"<0")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"wwoody" wrote in
message ...

Sorry but i have + and - numbers in the d col and i just want the
record
count.

--
wwoody