Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
beerconsumer

Default Teacher question

I am an elementary teacher and have a question about Excel. I have 30
students and want to give them 12 different tests that will give me
information on how well they are in different types of mathematics, for
example addition& subtraction, multiplication, fractions, and so on...

I would like to set up something where I can keep all 30 student scores
for each of the 12 tests and then be able to chart out their progress on
the various tests. If I clicked on a student I could get a chart showing
me how they did on each of the tests individually and I can also see how
my class did as a class.

Is this possible using Excel? If so, what do I need to learn in order
to do this. I hope the explanation made sense.

Thanks in advance.

--
beerconsumer
beerconsumer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29284

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peter Ellis

I am not sure what version of Excel you are using. I use Excel 2002.

You might want to try out Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Reports. I have only
used the pivot charting feature once but it seemed to give what you wanted.
Place the student name in the page field and it will allow you to select a
student name from a drop down list, giving a report / chart showing only that
student's data.

"beerconsumer" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
beerconsumer

Thanks! I am using 2003 Excel, but I will look up pivot table and pivot
chart reports and try to learn about that. I appreciate you taking the
time to help.