Harry Limey

Default Protect cell formulae

Is it possible to prevent a cell from being written in? I want it to show
the results of data written elsewhere.

Roger Govier

Hi Harry

By default,all cells in a worksheet are protected, but that does not become
operative until you invoke ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet either with or
without password.

If you want any cells on the sheet to allow data entry, then you have to
first FormatCellsProtection and remove the protection mark before invoking
protection for the Sheet.

Regards

Roger Govier