Rebecca

Default Urgent Problem with Number Column

I am new to EXCEL 2003, and I have this problem, so if you can give me an
answer, please explain in easy English. I have a column with consecutive
numbers that I use to sort with (1 to 8000). However, for some reason some
of the numbers have ended up with decimal points, others are facing left, and
still others are aligned to the right. I want to format the entire column so
the numbers are just that, numbers, so I can sort and resort this column.
How do I do this?

Tushar Mehta

Click in an empty cell. Copy.

Select the entire column of interest, then Edit | Paste Special... |
Operation section| select Add. Click OK.

This will force XL to convert all numbers that it considers as text
into numbers that it considers as numbers.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,