Nikole

Default Program Column B to record numerical range based on number in colm

If I have two columns in an Excel spreadsheet, Column A contains a list of
numbers. Column B needs to reflect a numerical range that the first column
falls into. Can you tell me if and how I can quickly program Column B to to
automatically record the specific range based on the data in Column B?
Please see example below:

Column A Column B
2,581,000 1.0M - 4.9 M
5,000,000 5.0M - 9.9M
5,000,000 5.0M - 9.9M
3,000,000
5,200,000 5.0M - 9.9M
2,573,000
500,000
50,000,000
30,000,000
8,000,000 5.0M - 9.9M
60,000,000
18,000,000
22,689,010
8,000,000 5.0M - 9.9M
2,000,000
3,500,000
5,000,000
500,000
500,000 1.0M
12,500,000 10.0M - 14.9M
3,000,000
2,382,000
25,000,000

marty

The answer to your question is this:

=IF(AND(A11000000,A1<5000000),"1.0M -
4.9M",IF(AND(A14.9,A1<10000000),"5.0M -
9.9M",IF(AND(A19.9,A1<15000000),"10.0M - 14.9M")))

You can add to it easily by copying from the IF(AND... to the ..."). You
must include the close parentheses.

HTH, Marty