AccessNewbie

Default leave left column in place as you scroll to the right

I've noticed on spreadsheets that have been sent to me that there is a way to
be able to leave the left-hand column (column A usually) showing even as you
scroll right through a very wide sheet. The obvious benefit is that it
leaves the ROW definition showing at all times.
Can someone tell me how this is done?

Thanks

Chip Pearson

Select cell B1 and choose Freeze Panes from the Window menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"AccessNewbie" wrote in
message
I've noticed on spreadsheets that have been sent to me that
there is a way to
be able to leave the left-hand column (column A usually)
showing even as you
scroll right through a very wide sheet. The obvious benefit is
that it
leaves the ROW definition showing at all times.
Can someone tell me how this is done?

Thanks

Roger Govier

Hi

Place your cursor in Cell B2
WindowsFreeze Panes
This will keep column A visible as you scroll across, and row 1 visible
as you scroll down.

Regards

Roger Govier