Dab

Default Help: Scroll wheel toggles between up and down, and left and right - is driving me crazy

I'm hoping that someone can help with this - it's driving me crazy....

Somehow - I can't for the lift of me figure out - I'm hitting something (or
accidentally shortcutting something) on my spread sheet that forces the
mouse wheel to toggle between scrolling the sheet up and down - as it
should, to scrolling the sheet left to right -which is driving me nuts.

Anyone know the trick to setting the scroll direction? Thanks for any tips.

Office XP or Win XP pro.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

Sandy Mann

Dab,

This is normal behaviour for a wheeled mouse when it cannot scroll down.
The place that I see it most is when I have fewer posts in the OE window
than a full window. In that case the posts scroll sideways. Is it possible
that the scroll area has been limited?

Regards

Sandy
--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Dab" wrote in message
I'm hoping that someone can help with this - it's driving me crazy....

Somehow - I can't for the lift of me figure out - I'm hitting something

(or
accidentally shortcutting something) on my spread sheet that forces the
mouse wheel to toggle between scrolling the sheet up and down - as it
should, to scrolling the sheet left to right -which is driving me nuts.

Anyone know the trick to setting the scroll direction? Thanks for any

tips.

Office XP or Win XP pro.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

Dab

Hi Sandy:

Thanks for your note.

I don't think that a scroll area has been limited. The problem occurs as
I'm 'furiously' clicking around in a sheet. I'm accidentally clicking on
something or coming up with some kind of a combination that's causing it to
happen. When it happens, I'm not actually changing anything in an open
sheet, it just seems to happen - at one point a sheet scrolls up and down,
and a few seconds later, it scrolls left and right. I have to re-boot my
machine to make it default back to scrolling up and down.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

"Dab" wrote in message
I'm hoping that someone can help with this - it's driving me crazy....

Somehow - I can't for the lift of me figure out - I'm hitting something

(or
accidentally shortcutting something) on my spread sheet that forces the
mouse wheel to toggle between scrolling the sheet up and down - as it
should, to scrolling the sheet left to right -which is driving me nuts.

Anyone know the trick to setting the scroll direction? Thanks for any

tips.

Office XP or Win XP pro.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

kylster

Dab,
I have experienced the same problem since getting Office 2003 loaded.
Couldn't figure out what was causing the problem. Searched all the discussion
groups I could find, to no avail. I solved the problem by:
1) having a workbook open that is experiencing the problem
2) going to StartControl PanelMouseWheelTroubleshooterNextNext[then
select Excel from the list].
It solved my problem, I hope it solves yours.