Taecan

Default Merging cells and text wrap

Hi, I've merged 2 cells and set 'wrap' text, but I also want the merged cells
to adjust size automatically so I can see all the text. It does it OK when
the cells are not merged, but not when they are. How can I do this?
Gord Dibben

Taecan

You have asked for code to deal with autofitting merged cells.

I will first give you my standard rant on merged cells.

Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all affected by merged
cells.

Now the code<g

Jim Rech has written code for this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15

Gord Dibben Excel MVP