SteveFerd

Default text wrap in merged cells

Thanks in advance for you help,

I am creating a template which will be used to track large accounts. Text
will be entered directly into cells, and most of the text will not require
the row to expand in size. For the cases where I need an unlimited amount of
room for text entry, I merged the cells across most of the printable field
and then checked text wrap, and align left, but I can't get it to work. In
addition I have formatted the rows to allow autofit, so then can expand
automatically. What do I need to do to fix this simple problem?

Thanks,
Steve
JE McGimpsey

It's not all that simple. Call this macro by Jim Rech from a
Worksheet_Change event:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...misc/browse_th
read/thread/b69998ee825b7d79/dbb1bca2fd67358a?#dbb1bca2fd67358a

In article ,
SteveFerd wrote:

Thanks in advance for you help,

I am creating a template which will be used to track large accounts. Text
will be entered directly into cells, and most of the text will not require
the row to expand in size. For the cases where I need an unlimited amount of
room for text entry, I merged the cells across most of the printable field
and then checked text wrap, and align left, but I can't get it to work. In
addition I have formatted the rows to allow autofit, so then can expand
automatically. What do I need to do to fix this simple problem?

Thanks,
Steve

GallanH

Instead of merging cells, expand the column width to whatever is required,
select a cell within this column, use autofit, text wrap, justification, this
should do the trick.

If the position of the text cell makes it impracticable to expand the column
width, move the actual data entry cell off to the right of your work area,
putting a simple macro button in the original place that redirects the user
to the new space, adding a similar button adjacent to this point for the user
to return to the form.

"SteveFerd" wrote:

Thanks in advance for you help,

I am creating a template which will be used to track large accounts. Text
will be entered directly into cells, and most of the text will not require
the row to expand in size. For the cases where I need an unlimited amount of
room for text entry, I merged the cells across most of the printable field
and then checked text wrap, and align left, but I can't get it to work. In
addition I have formatted the rows to allow autofit, so then can expand
automatically. What do I need to do to fix this simple problem?

Thanks,
Steve

SteveFerd

Thanks for the link to the macro. It works, but it expands the cell much
larger than is needed for the taxt that is being wraped. Example, 3 lines of
text, but the cell expands to the entire screen view.
ANy thoughts?
Thanks