RSCoyner

Default In Excel, using line wrap with text, some cells will appear as ##.

In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on
one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format
(text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style
from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem.
Abi

If it has to do with column width, double-click on the line between the
column with the ### and the one to right, you 'll expand the column, exposing
the full number.

EX: cell A1 has ####, so position the cursor between the A and the B column
headers, on the line until the cursor turns into a black line with two
arrows. Double-click.

"RSCoyner" wrote:

In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on
one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format
(text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style
from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem.

Gord Dibben

RS

Try formatting the cells as General.

Excel has problems with text-formatted cells when it gets above 250 characters
or so.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:13:02 -0800, "RSCoyner"
wrote:

In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on
one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format
(text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style
from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem.

RSCoyner

Thank you for your comments. Your solution would work, but I do not want to
expand the columns - I want it to word wrap so that I can see the text
without increasing the width.

RSC

"RSCoyner" wrote:

In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on
one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format
(text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style
from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem.

RSCoyner

Thank you for your response. I tried using the general format, but it did not
work. If I format the cell using the number format, I can see the text.
However, the text is not a number, it is a text!

RSC