Junior Member

Default Need to add cell value in every month

Hi,
I need to add a particular amount in desired cells automatically in every month. That means if a cell contains a value of 200 . Then i need that cell value at next month is 210. and next month it should be 220. How can i do that ?.please help me.

Last edited by vinodvinu : September 18th 12 at 09:47 AM Reason: adding extra info
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvinu View Post
Hi,
I need to add a particular amount in desired cells automatically in every month. That means if a cell contains a value of 200 . Then i need that cell value at next month is 210. and next month it should be 220. How can i do that ?.please help me.
Hi,

Could you post an example workbook to help make things easier to understand?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi,

Could you post an example workbook to help make things easier to understand?
Sure. Here is the example book. I need to automatically add 10 in c2 to c50 in every month. On the same time i need to add 15 in selected cells in between d2 to d50.
Attached Images

Last edited by vinodvinu : September 18th 12 at 05:34 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvinu View Post
Sure. Here is the example book. I need to automatically add 10 in c2 to c50 in every month. On the same time i need to add 15 in selected cells in between d2 to d50.
Erm... I'm still not 100% clear on what you're trying to do.

An actual workbook, rather than the pic of one, would be helpful. Along with your desired results and an explanation of how you'd arrive at them would be great. i.e. do you want the current values in C and D to be overwritten as the months proceed?

The more information you give, the more likely you are to get a full solution quickly!
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Erm... I'm still not 100% clear on what you're trying to do.

An actual workbook, rather than the pic of one, would be helpful. Along with your desired results and an explanation of how you'd arrive at them would be great. i.e. do you want the current values in C and D to be overwritten as the months proceed?

The more information you give, the more likely you are to get a full solution quickly!
Hi spencer,
Let me explain, Now value of c2 is 100. I want c2 in next month 110. and another month it should be 120 , and another month 140 and so on. In this pattern i want all c column value will be added 10 at next month. (After all i am not good in english. When i read the help file in excel, i get totally confused. they say that the "function returns" . What i mean from the word "returns" is "coming back". I don't know what is the actual meaning. I think it should be " this function will give the result " instead of "function returns". Perhaps the function went somewhere. So it need to return. )