Junior Member

Default Expand Single Cell In Pivot: EZ Question/HARD Answer

How can I expand only 1 cell?

When I expand, all the other items of the pivot open as well. There has to be a simple option somewhere to just open only 1 cell right?

Because in my other file if I expand 1, it expands the objects in thousands of other categories which causes lag as I have to open, close them alot. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamperJon View Post
How can I expand only 1 cell?

When I expand, all the other items of the pivot open as well. There has to be a simple option somewhere to just open only 1 cell right?

Because in my other file if I expand 1, it expands the objects in thousands of other categories which causes lag as I have to open, close them alot. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Very much depends on what you mean by "expand one cell"....
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Very much depends on what you mean by "expand one cell"....
Sorry, youre right I should have been more clear. Here is the file attached.

What I meant was 1 line item. When you click the plus button to expand, it opens up all the other one in different subheadings. How can you make it so that you only open 1 item ONLY 1 category?

Like if I wanted to see what retailers a division in a company bought, i would expand the retailers item and it would expand, but it would also exand for all the other divisions in the pivot table as well and that may sometimes make the file lag very bad. How can I just expand in only 1 division?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example Salaries at my Company.zip (26.1 KB, 58 views)