Toffee

Default is it possible to transfer a word doc to excel?

..Each month I have several forms to complete and send into
head office.These forms are saved as word docs but I can't
type any new imformation in them.In stead I have to print them
off and then fill them in by hand. I am a new user of Office but
would like to learn a lot more about it.
Thankyou for any responses, no doubt I've missed some really simple
procedure and am expecting to be well and truely embaressed.
I am useing my own PC.

--
Sticky business computing ???
Bill Ridgeway

A number of questions and possibilities come to mind.

Firstly the 'job' should be evaluated. A print and complete by hand *may*
be the most efficient way of doing the job, compared with setting up a
computer routine. This is especially so if you are putting just a couple of
bits of information and 'presentation' is not important.

Secondly, why can't you insert new information?

Thirdly, it may be best to have a template. This is a near finished
document. I would then add 'dummy' information in, say, red to remind you
that here is information that should be updated. I would then save this
file as a read only to prevent the template from being overwritten. When
you open and update the template it should be saved in another name using
'save as'.

I hope this gives you a few ideas.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Toffee" wrote in message
.Each month I have several forms to complete and send into
head office.These forms are saved as word docs but I can't
type any new imformation in them.In stead I have to print them
off and then fill them in by hand. I am a new user of Office but
would like to learn a lot more about it.
Thankyou for any responses, no doubt I've missed some really simple
procedure and am expecting to be well and truely embaressed.
I am useing my own PC.

--
Sticky business computing ???

Toffee

Thanks Bill
Think I may have to go back to school. I'm trying to 'run before I can
walk'. The forms I mentioned are expenses forms that require calculating. I
just thought it would be quicker to use the facilities in excel.

I don't know why I can't add imformation to the original doc. As mentioned
above, I need to go back to school. (Many many years since I last sat in a
school room)

Thanks again, sorry to have taken up your time.
--
Sticky business computing ???