Kylie B

Default Merging Excel Data into Word

Hi

I use Word and Excel XP and when we merge dates from an Excel doc into Word,
it puts the date in an American format for some reason even though the
formatting is Australian. Regional settings are set to Australian.

I have managed to edit the field in Word to change the date but was hoping
that someone would know why it is behaving like this so I can stop it from
happening?

We also have problems with some of the forumlas. For example, we might use
the currency formula which has two decimal places (ie. $23.09) but it comes
into Word like 23.0258. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you in advance.

Kylie

JulieD

Hi Kylie

i've often see the date question asked in the microsoft.public.word.newusers
group and the answer always refers the OP to Graham Mayor's website at
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm ... i've never had to use
the info (just stored it in the old memory banks) so i never checked out the
link until now ... it doesn't specifically (as far as i could see anyway)
tell you how to do it, but if you read through the page you'll probably be
able to figure it ... basically it involves displaying the merge field codes
in word and adding a date switch on to control the formating of the date.

there is also informtion there on rounding to two decimals places.

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers
JulieD