ijl

Default How to convert computed values to the coreresponding constants?

In an Excel table I use a formula =if(a1=a2, 1, 0) to mark first of the two
consecutive lines that have identical content in cell a by putting 1 or 0 in
column b.
Then I want to sort the table by its b values. To do this I have to change
the computed 1's and 0's to unconditional constants.
gls858

ijl wrote:
In an Excel table I use a formula =if(a1=a2, 1, 0) to mark first of the two
consecutive lines that have identical content in cell a by putting 1 or 0 in
column b.
Then I want to sort the table by its b values. To do this I have to change
the computed 1's and 0's to unconditional constants.

And you question is....

Not sure what you are wanting here or what you mean by a "unconditional
constant". Try Auto filter. Data Filter Autofilter You can now filter
or limit by any value in the drop down box.

If this doesn't help post back and state exactly what you are trying to do.

gls858
Max

.. change the computed 1's and 0's to unconditional constants.

You can freeze the values in the col with formulas by an in-place copy
paste special values
--
Rgds
Max

CLR

Highlight column B, then right-click in the highlighted area Copy
right-click again PasteSpecial Values OK.........

This will convert the formulas into their results..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3