gls858

ijl wrote:
In an Excel table I use a formula =if(a1=a2, 1, 0) to mark first of the two
consecutive lines that have identical content in cell a by putting 1 or 0 in
column b.
Then I want to sort the table by its b values. To do this I have to change
the computed 1's and 0's to unconditional constants.

And you question is....

Not sure what you are wanting here or what you mean by a "unconditional
constant". Try Auto filter. Data Filter Autofilter You can now filter
or limit by any value in the drop down box.

If this doesn't help post back and state exactly what you are trying to do.

gls858