Johnny T

Default Combining data from several worksheets

Sorry for the newbie question, but. . .I have data in a workbook on 10
worksheets. All are formatted identically, and I would like to combine the
10 worksheets into a master worksheet--number 11. How can I do this without
having to go in and cut and paste?

thanks for your help.
Johnny T

Thanks Nick. However, the big operator in my question is "newbie".
DataConsolidate seems likely, of course, but nothing that comes up after
making that selection makes sense.

I'm not an MVP, jsut a newbie. Which function, what source, etc. . .?

Anybody out there willing to be a bit more explicit and thorough?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Johnny

You could try DataConsolidate...

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Johnny T" <Johnny
wrote in message
Sorry for the newbie question, but. . .I have data in a workbook on 10
worksheets. All are formatted identically, and I would like to combine
the
10 worksheets into a master worksheet--number 11. How can I do this
without
having to go in and cut and paste?

thanks for your help.

Ron de Bruin

Try
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message
Sorry for the newbie question, but. . .I have data in a workbook on 10
worksheets. All are formatted identically, and I would like to combine
the
10 worksheets into a master worksheet--number 11. How can I do this
without
having to go in and cut and paste?

thanks for your help.

Nick Hodge

Johnny

Excel's Help explains this quite well. (Enter consolidate, you will find
several help articles to help you along.

The other thing you can do is go to you 'totalling' sheet and enter an = in
the top left cell and if you simply want to add them enter SUM and a bracket
(.

Now click on your first sheet in the same cell as your 'totalling sheet',
say A2. and, with the shift key held down, click on your last sheet in the
same cell.. You will end up with a formula like. (Don't forget to close the
bracket)

=SUM(Sheet1Sheet10!A2)

This is effectively what consolidate does. You can use just about any
function, SUM, COUNT, AVERAGE, etc.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge