mully

Default Formula Error

Hi

Using Excel - In column A I can enter 4 different cash values e.g. 30 / 13
/ 10 / 5

using the formula in column B/C/D/E =IF(A3=Rate_30,A3,"") 30 shows in the
cell B3 cells C3 / D3/ E3 for that row shows zero

However when I need another rate e.g. 50 to enter column F and changing the
above formula to =IF(A3=Rate_50,A3,"") the cell shows #NAME? - what am I
doing wrong ????

Any much appreciated

Cheers --- Mully

Niek Otten

Hi Mully,

Rate_30 is a defined name, has nothing to do with the number 30.
You can either define a name Rate_50 (menu: InsertNameDefine) or use cell
values instead of defined names, as in

=IF(A3=50,A3,"")

Or

=IF(A3=F3,A3,"") if F3 is 50.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"mully" wrote in message
Hi

Using Excel - In column A I can enter 4 different cash values e.g. 30 /
13
/ 10 / 5

using the formula in column B/C/D/E =IF(A3=Rate_30,A3,"") 30 shows in the
cell B3 cells C3 / D3/ E3 for that row shows zero

However when I need another rate e.g. 50 to enter column F and changing
the
above formula to =IF(A3=Rate_50,A3,"") the cell shows #NAME? - what am I
doing wrong ????

Any much appreciated

Cheers --- Mully

mully

Hi Niek

Thanks for quick reply now know how to change columns to any new rate
required - worked first time.

Brilliant !!!

Thanks again

Cheers ---- Mully