Mike R

Default Formula Error

xl2000
My formula works fine but it has the #value! error. what do I add to my
formula to rid myself of this?

=IF(C37+D37,C37+D37,"")+D36*D35

Thanks
Debra Dalgleish

It's not clear to me what you're checking for in the IF formula. You
should be able to change this to:

=C37+D37+D36*D35

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Biff

Hi!

Replace the "" with a zero.

BTW, if your formula returns a #VALUE! error, it's not
working fine. <g

Biff

My formula works fine but it has the #value! error. what

do I add to my
formula to rid myself of this?

=IF(C37+D37,C37+D37,"")+D36*D35

Thanks
.

Mike R

Thanks for the return here "Biff"
Sorry I was short on good info there. the only time it return the error is
before any data is entered. once that happens it does work fine. thanks
again

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Replace the "" with a zero.

BTW, if your formula returns a #VALUE! error, it's not
working fine. <g

Biff

My formula works fine but it has the #value! error. what

do I add to my
formula to rid myself of this?

=IF(C37+D37,C37+D37,"")+D36*D35

Thanks
.

Peo Sjoblom

If Debra's formula gives you an error you must have formula blanks or spaces
in the cells when they look empty
there is no way that formula can give an error on empty cells

another way

=SUM(C37:D37,IF(OR(D36="",D35=""),0,D36*D35))

change "" to space if that's what you have

Peo Sjoblom