Jambruins

Default Formula error...

Cell B2 has a formula setup in it so it enters the team that is in a
different tab into it. I am trying to setup an if formula in cell A2 that
either puts an AL if true or NL if false. For example,

Cell B2 says KC (which is from a formula setup to equal a cell in another
tab).
I type in cell A2 the following:
=if(B2="KC","AL","NL") and it gives me NL. If I override the formula in
cell B2 and just type in KC it works right and gives me AL. Any idea why it
doesn't work when the formula produces KC? Thank you.
Peo Sjoblom

You might have a space in your formula, if this work you definitely have a
space or something else
not visible

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("KC",B2)),"AL","NL")

Peo Sjoblom

"Jambruins" wrote in message
Cell B2 has a formula setup in it so it enters the team that is in a
different tab into it. I am trying to setup an if formula in cell A2 that
either puts an AL if true or NL if false. For example,

Cell B2 says KC (which is from a formula setup to equal a cell in another
tab).
I type in cell A2 the following:
=if(B2="KC","AL","NL") and it gives me NL. If I override the formula in
cell B2 and just type in KC it works right and gives me AL. Any idea why

it
doesn't work when the formula produces KC? Thank you.

Jambruins

that did work. Now I want the same thing but with an or function added to
the formula. Here is what my actual formula is but it doesn't work, it gives
me NL even if cell B2 is BOS or TOR or any of them:

=IF(OR(B2="BAL",B2="BOS",B2="NYY",B2="TB",B2="TOR" ,B2="CWS",B2="CLE",B2="DET",B2="KC",B2="MIN",B2="L AA",B2="OAK",B2="SEA",B2="TEX"),"AL","NL")

How should I enter this formula to have it work?
Thanks