Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LAS LAS is offline

Default Is there a template for this sort of thing?

I want to have a column of figures which will always add up to the same
thing. That is, if I increase one number I want the other numbers to
decrease by a percentage so that the column will still have the same total.
I think there's a technical name for this in budgeting. It seems like it
would be a common thing. Is there a template somewhere?

Also, I'm going to have to drop Outlook Express. I'm shifting my e-mail to
Gmail. Is there a web interface I can use to continue to participate in
this newsgroup?

TIA
LAS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel's Solver Add-in will do what you want.

The term you are thinking of might "what if" analysis.

Could you switch to Windows Live Mail?

You can continue with these news groups through WLM news reader.

You can participate in the MS help forums at

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Click on Help in RH top corner to learn how to register and become a
member.

Gord