Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sort template

Is there a way to sort a worksheet without having to highlite the worksheet
columns to be sorted? I have several rows of headings, and merged cells in
the headings, so those columns won't sort, and specifying to sort with
headings doesn't work because of the multiple rows of headings. Is there a
way to make a Sort template so all I have to do is click on Sort and the
proper rows and columns are always sorted. Also as my worksheet expands
because of additional rows of data, I would like to have the new rows
included in the sorts.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
merged cells is about the dumbest thing excel programers ever came up with.
your delima is one more reason NOT to use merged cells.
all merged cells do is make the sheet look pretty and organized. it screws
everthing else up. rid yourself of merged cells and i think your problems
will go away.

my thoughts......personal opinion.(extreme i admit.....but.....)

regards
FSt1