Junior Member

Default IF...AND statement in cell

I am working in Excel 2003, and am new to programming in Excel.
Column A is an imported date (mm/dd/yyyy), Column B is the same date (=A1 formatted as mmm) so that any year will work the same, and column C is text. In column D I want a statement something like this:
=IF(B1="Apr" AND C1="Joe",1,0).
Of course, this isn't working, even though it looks to me like it should. What am I missing? Any help with how to get this working as expected would be greatly appreciated.
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMOJim View Post
I am working in Excel 2003, and am new to programming in Excel.
Column A is an imported date (mm/dd/yyyy), Column B is the same date (=A1 formatted as mmm) so that any year will work the same, and column C is text. In column D I want a statement something like this:
=IF(B1="Apr" AND C1="Joe",1,0).
Of course, this isn't working, even though it looks to me like it should. What am I missing? Any help with how to get this working as expected would be greatly appreciated.
=IF(AND(B1="Apr",C1="Joe"),1,0)
__________________
Asobi Wa Owari Da
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMOJim View Post
I am working in Excel 2003, and am new to programming in Excel.
Column A is an imported date (mm/dd/yyyy), Column B is the same date (=A1 formatted as mmm) so that any year will work the same, and column C is text. In column D I want a statement something like this:
=IF(B1="Apr" AND C1="Joe",1,0).
Of course, this isn't working, even though it looks to me like it should. What am I missing? Any help with how to get this working as expected would be greatly appreciated.

Dear NISMOjim, Good Morning

You don´t need to use another colunm to control month´s date.

Try this one: IF(AND(MONTH(A1)=4,C1="JOE"),1,0)

Use the month´s number.(1=Jan;2=Feb;3=Mar...)
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post

Dear NISMOjim, Good Morning

You don´t need to use another colunm to control month´s date.

Try this one: IF(AND(MONTH(A1)=4,C1="JOE"),1,0)

Use the month´s number.(1=Jan;2=Feb;3=Mar...)

Works perfect. Thanks so much for the help, and I'm sure I will be back with more questions.