camerons

Default Multiple Criteria for SUMIF

I have the following list of info:

!----A----!----B----!----C----!----D----!
! 2/3/05 ! 114 ! 4.5 ! !
! 2/3/05 ! 114 ! 3.2 ! !
! 2/3/05 ! 115 ! 5.7 ! !
! 2/4/05 ! 113 ! 8.0 ! !
! 2/4/05 ! 114 ! 4.5 ! !
! 2/4/05 ! 114 ! 4.6 ! !
! 2/5/05 ! 114 ! 6.7 ! !

This is where Column A is the date worked, B the employee number, and C the
amount of hours split into different job types. For example, I need a
formula that will look up al of the hours employee 114 worked only on
2/4/05. It would be nice if Excel had an easy SUBTOTAL function that would
take multiple conditions.

How do you make this work? Currently, I'm using the D column and doing a
Concatenate of A and B and doing a SUMIF off of that range. Surely there
are better ways.

Ragdyer

Try this, with the employee number you're looking for entered in E1, and the
date entered in E2:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A50=E2)*(B1:B50=E1)*C1:C50)
--
HTH,

RD

"camerons" wrote in message
[...]

camerons

Thanks for the attempt, but unfortunately that did not seem to work either.
Sorry for the delayed response, work and life have been hectic. Thanks for
trying to help though.

Ragdyer

When you say "did not seem to work", what exactly do you mean?

Are you getting wrong answers ... no answers ... error messages ???

Since the suggestion was tested on the exact data you posted, your problem
could very easily be a simple matter of different "types" of data.

RD