Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default format for weight

In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones &
lbs?
e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could use custom format # ??/14
The you would type, for example 12 2/14 for 12 stone 2 lbs
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"exntluser" wrote in message
In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones &
lbs?
e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"exntluser" wrote in message
In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones &
lbs?
e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject, but how would I go about
using custom format # ??/14 ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Let's assume you are using Excel2003 (or earlier)
Select the cells to be formatted
On the Menu use Format | Format Cells and click "Custom" on left side of
dialog
In Custom dialog, locate the Type box and type in the # ??/14

More info at http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/ex...995001033.aspx
best wishes
--

"exntluser" wrote in message
In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones
& lbs?
e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject, but how would I go
about using custom format # ??/14 ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not a format.............needs a helper cell.

=INT(A3/14)&" Stones "&ROUND((A3/14-INT(A3/14))*14,0)&" lbs"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP