Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I format a cell to show weight in stones and pounds?

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet in Excel to record my weight, but if I
enter, for example, 12:05 to indicate 12 stone 5 pounds, it thinks this is a
time. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

One thing you could do is enter the values in adjacent columns
Enter 12 in column A
Format column BCellsNumberCustom00AlignmentHorizontalLef t
Select columns A and BFormatColumnsWidth2.45

If you are trying to show gains or losses, then you would need to be using a
custom formula anyway to deal with Stones and pounds, so separate columns
might help.
In cell C2
=((A2*14)+B2)-((A1*14)+B1)
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Southwaterdave" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet in Excel to record my weight, but if I
enter, for example, 12:05 to indicate 12 stone 5 pounds, it thinks this is
time. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since a stone is about 14 pounds, enter:
12 5/14

Note only a single space between the integer and the fraction.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200841