mikelenno

Default I've got a formula for stones and pounds - how do I get an excel .

Hello,

I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both
in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same
format?

Regards,
mikelenno

Bernard Liengme

What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds
It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14
best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"mikelenno" wrote in message
Hello,

I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds
(both
in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the
same
format?

Regards,
mikelenno

mikelenno

Actually Bernard, I lied (sort of). I'm also trying to include ounzes. My
not-very-succinct-method so far includes 3 columns for stones/pounds/ounzes
to record weight once per week. I convert the 3 figures to give an overall
weight in decimal so 12st/3lb/8oz becomes 178.5lbs. I then enter
=INT(F3/14)&" st "&MOD(F3,14)&" lb" in a new column referencing the cell with
178.5 to give a cell with 12st 10.5lb. When I create a chart using a series
from the new column I can't get the Y axis to display the increments as
stones & pounds.

"mikelenno" wrote in message
Hello,

I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds
(both
in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the
same
format?

Regards,
mikelenno

Bernard Liengme

Y values must be numeric.
Suggest you plot with the decimal values and make a column with "st & lbs"
with intervals like 10 st 7 lbs, 11st 0 lbs ... and use Rob Bovey's XY Chart
Labeler, a free add-in:
http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp
to label the y-axis
best wishes