Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Sheet format questions -- Excel 2007

Two problems arise when I try to translate workbooks from Quattro Pro x4
format to Excel 2007.

In QPRO I save as a XLS file. and then open it in Excel. Generally this
works fine, however I find two problems:

1. The worksheets sometimes lack grid lines in Excel, though the Page Layout
Gridlines section of the ribbon has them checked. (Gridlines were showing in

QPro)

2. If I copy all of one of these sheets lacking gridlines into the
clipboard, open a new blank workbook, and paste, everything is black, because
the background is black. I must go to the Ctl-1 menu and select No Color for
the background. This results in proper appearance and gridlines showing.

Can anyone explain these behaviors? I suspect they are related.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

When you first open the workbook in Excel, Excel thinks the background colour
has been set for the cells. This will surpress the visiblity of the
gridlines.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"TQuestar" wrote:

Two problems arise when I try to translate workbooks from Quattro Pro x4
format to Excel 2007.

In QPRO I save as a XLS file. and then open it in Excel. Generally this
works fine, however I find two problems:

1. The worksheets sometimes lack grid lines in Excel, though the Page Layout
Gridlines section of the ribbon has them checked. (Gridlines were showing in

QPro)

2. If I copy all of one of these sheets lacking gridlines into the
clipboard, open a new blank workbook, and paste, everything is black, because
the background is black. I must go to the Ctl-1 menu and select No Color for
the background. This results in proper appearance and gridlines showing.

Can anyone explain these behaviors? I suspect they are related.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This is what happens, apparently, but *why* does it happen with some
workbooks, but not others? At any rate, I now know how to force a blank
background color and hence the presence of gridlines. Thanks.