Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 questions

Hi,

I have a couple of general questions 2007.

Firstly because I am th eonly on in the office with 2007 I have to operate
in compatibility mode so I save all files as 2003 so others can use the
files. I want to start a 2007 file with more than 65k lines but I can't seem
to do it. The only way I can do it is to open an existing 2007 file add a tab
and then move this tab to a new book. Not very efficient. How can I create a
new 2007 without having to open an existing one. Can you turn off
compatibility Mode?

The 2nd is relating to Pivot tables.

In 2003 you could select mutiple sources. How do you do this in 2007?

Thanks
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi.
1. Yes, turn off the compability mode, and try to remember to save your
other workbooks with the 97-2003 format (.xls)
2. There is an icon ("PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard") you can add to
the quick access toolbar.
HTH
Daniel
Hi,

I have a couple of general questions 2007.

Firstly because I am th eonly on in the office with 2007 I have to operate
in compatibility mode so I save all files as 2003 so others can use the
files. I want to start a 2007 file with more than 65k lines but I can't seem
to do it. The only way I can do it is to open an existing 2007 file add a tab
and then move this tab to a new book. Not very efficient. How can I create a
new 2007 without having to open an existing one. Can you turn off
compatibility Mode?

The 2nd is relating to Pivot tables.

In 2003 you could select mutiple sources. How do you do this in 2007?

Thanks
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change your default Save format to a 2007 format
When you insert a new workbook it have more the 65 k lines

Office Buttonexcel Options...Save
You can change it there

You can always use SaveAs to save a 97-2003 format or let the people in the Office install the
2007 Compatibility Pack
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007filesin2003.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Rick" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a couple of general questions 2007.

Firstly because I am th eonly on in the office with 2007 I have to operate
in compatibility mode so I save all files as 2003 so others can use the
files. I want to start a 2007 file with more than 65k lines but I can't seem
to do it. The only way I can do it is to open an existing 2007 file add a tab
and then move this tab to a new book. Not very efficient. How can I create a
new 2007 without having to open an existing one. Can you turn off
compatibility Mode?

The 2nd is relating to Pivot tables.

In 2003 you could select mutiple sources. How do you do this in 2007?

Thanks
Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I know how to start a Pivot table but I want to use the data from 12
different tab on the spreadsheet. How do you select 12 different ranges? In
2003 you have the choice of saying multiple data sets but it isn't so
apparent in 2007.

Thanks
Rick