Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Moving Excel 2003 templates from XP to Windows 7

I've moved Excel 2003 from an XP to a Win7 computer.

On the XP, I have a template which contains my desired toolbars,
macros and macro buttons. It’s hidden so that when I fire up Excel,
the opening worksheet looks right and holds all the desired features.

I'm not sure of the procedure for installing the template in the
Windows 7 file structure.

Specifically, Do I label the template as Personal.XLT?

Then, where do I put a copy or copies? I recall there was both a
template folder and an XLStart folder in my XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What file type is your current workbook? *.xls, *.xlt or *.xla

How do the Toolbars and macro buttons get loaded..........code or otherwise?

Where was the workbook stored before you moved to Windows 7?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:52:30 -0800 (PST), PT wrote:

I've moved Excel 2003 from an XP to a Win7 computer.

On the XP, I have a template which contains my desired toolbars,
macros and macro buttons. It’s hidden so that when I fire up Excel,
the opening worksheet looks right and holds all the desired features.

I'm not sure of the procedure for installing the template in the
Windows 7 file structure.

Specifically, Do I label the template as Personal.XLT?

Then, where do I put a copy or copies? I recall there was both a
template folder and an XLStart folder in my XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Jan 15, 9:59*am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

What file type is your current workbook? *.xls, *.xlt or *.xla

Personal.xls

How do the Toolbars and macro buttons get loaded..........code or
otherwise?

The Personal.xls was set up as a blank open single sheet
workbook, containing seven personally written macros, each invoked by
a personally designed macro button.

Where was the workbook stored before you moved to Windows 7?

Personal.XLS is located in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office |
Office 11 \ XLStart

Hope this Helps.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

These personally designed macro buttons were placed on a Toolbar or just on
the worksheet?

If on a Toolbar, you either attach that Toolbar to the workbook or create
the Toobar "on the fly" when the personal.xls is opened.

Otherwise you will need to copy your old Excel11.xlb to the new OS

I don't use Windows 7 but I am sure it stores your personal.xls in same
place as before.

Record a macro and see where personal.xls winds up.

When you know that, replace the newly-built one with your old personal.xls.

Gord