Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mz mz is offline

Default View lengthy text from one cell to another cell without widening c

View lengthy text from one cell to another cell without widening cell width
of the other cell

I used the = sign to display a long text in cell A1 in cell H1 so that if I
change the text of A1, cell H1 will change as well;
I want to keep the cell widths of the worksheet narrow;
how can I view the entire text in H1 without having to widen it; whereas the
formula bar in A1 shows the entire text, the formula bar shows only the
formula reference, not the text itself

On a related point, I downloaded a form template and linked it to my data;
when I use the = sign to insert my data into the template, some €“ though not
all €“ cells display the cell that is being referenced to the form template
rather than the data that is actually contained in the cell

Cell D10 in datasheet contains text; instead of displaying the text in the
template, it shows the following formula that is the reference address:
='[data sheet.xlsx]'!$D$10

--
MZ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You have four options to see all the text in H1.

1. make column H wider
2. make row 1 higher
3. clear enough cells to the right of H1 to allow the text to spill-over
4. make the font in H1 tiny

Since you don't want option #1, pick one of the alternatives.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909