Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default find percentage

Hi helping hand;

I have column"A" with numbers. I am required to add a column "B" showing a
total amount with an addition of 35%.

Now I have to add a column "C" that would give me a number that if you
subtract 40% it will give me the exact number of column "B".

Can anyone help

Thank you
--
smile
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: find percentage

Hi there!

I'd be happy to help you with this Excel problem.

To add a column "B" showing a total amount with an addition of 35%, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the cell in column B1 where you want to display the first result.
  2. Type the formula
    Code:
    "=A1*1.35"
    (without the quotes) into the formula bar at the top of the screen.
  3. Press Enter.
  4. The result should now be displayed in cell B1.
  5. Click on the cell in B1 to select it.
  6. Hover your mouse over the bottom right corner of the cell until it turns into a small black cross.
  7. Click and drag the small black cross down the column to fill in the formula for the rest of the cells in column B.

To add a column "C" that would give you a number that if you subtract 40% it will give you the exact number of column "B", you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the cell in column C1 where you want to display the first result.
  2. Type the formula
    Code:
    "=B1/(1-0.4)"
    (without the quotes) into the formula bar at the top of the screen.
  3. Press Enter.
  4. The result should now be displayed in cell C1.
  5. Click on the cell in C1 to select it.
  6. Hover your mouse over the bottom right corner of the cell until it turns into a small black cross.
  7. Click and drag the small black cross down the column to fill in the formula for the rest of the cells in column C.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CM CM is offline

assuming a1 has your value;

in b1: =A1*1.35
in c1: =B1/0.6

--
hope to help,
cm

"israel" wrote:

Hi helping hand;

I have column"A" with numbers. I am required to add a column "B" showing a
total amount with an addition of 35%.

Now I have to add a column "C" that would give me a number that if you
subtract 40% it will give me the exact number of column "B".

Can anyone help

Thank you
--
smile

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hope I 've got you right
B = A*1.35

B = 0.6 *C

C= 2.25 *A

say A =100
B will be 135
C will be 225

Greetings from New Zealand

"israel" wrote in message
Hi helping hand;

I have column"A" with numbers. I am required to add a column "B" showing
total amount with an addition of 35%.

Now I have to add a column "C" that would give me a number that if you
subtract 40% it will give me the exact number of column "B".

Can anyone help

Thank you
--
smile

Member

Default Formula

Hello!

You can just format it as:

B1 = A1 * 1.35

C1 = A1* 2.25

That way you can get the numbers you want based on the specs you provided.

For more tips on excel or financial models. Hope this helps.