Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I need help with a table formula/mass editting

I have a spreadsheet (.csv) with 1600 products/rows and several columns. One
of the columns that has the product descriptions also contains 1600 rows. In
each row under that 'description' column is a formula/code to input a
chart/table with product details to our web site in a chart form.

I have many new products that I need to place on the web site with this
layout. I need to know how to optimize that particular column to add
specific details to the chart formula for the 1600 products. For instance, I
need the chart to be the same on each product but with different product
details(metal type, stone color, diamond TW etc...)

This question may seem confusing - Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi urlocaljeweler,

Not too sure what you want to do. At a guess, you want to create 1600
charts, one for each row of data, and place them on a web site?

If that is roughly correct, you might want to look at
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts...2/Default.aspx

And download the 'Chart Selector' and 'Multiple Chart Builder' samples.

Hopefully these do something close to what you need. If not, post back with
more info.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you for the response. I checked your site and I do not think that is
exactly what I am looking for. By "chart" I meant "table" and the table data
is all underneath a column called description2. For example underneath
"Description2" is this code for Item1-

class="SpecTableTitle" colspan="2"Product Details</td</tr<td
class="SpecTableCell"Metal:</td<td class="SpecTableCell"S14k / Clr: Two
Tone"</td</tr<tr<td class=""SpecTableCell""Colored Stone(s):</td<td
class=""SpecTableCell"""27.32 ct tw"</td</tr<td
class=""SpecTableCell""Diamond(s):</td<td class=""SpecTableCell"""1.205 ct
tw"</td</tr<td class=""SpecTableCell""Stone(s)/Color:</td<td
class=""SpecTableCell"""D|CUPRL|A|WT</td</tr</tbody</table

I need a simple way to modify that code unique for each individual item.
For instance, the code above is for Item1 so for Item2 I need different
numbers for Colored Stones and different descriptions for Stone(s)/Color.

Is there a way to set up a format that will allow me to easily enter in
descriptions for each row on this table?

Thanks again for your help.

.