Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default All-in-one printing incompatibility with EXCEL in landscape mode

I have just successfully added my new HP8500 wireless printer to my wireless
network and it seems to connect fine and print fine from some applications
except EXCEL 2007. The spreadsheet prints fine in portrait mode, but the
margins are all off and I get partial printing if I have the spreadsheet page
set-up in landscape mode. Landscape printing in MS WORD works fine. HP
support said the following "There are some critical drivers Issue with Office
2007 as some of the code are not approved by Microsoft thats why we are not
able to print correctly with the All-in-One."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Did you ask when they would have the updated drivers available? (and double the
time estimate for reality!)

Did you take the printer back to where you bought it so you could get your money
back and buy a different model?

Have you tried printing to a .pdf file and then printing that (if you want to
keep the printer)?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default All-in-one printing incompatibility with EXCEL in landscape mo

HP technical support told me that a "fix" will be available on 22 Oct. We
have contacted the vendor we purchased the printer from and came to an
agreement that we will wait until the "fix" comes around and then make a
decision then. HP told me that this was a problem with a lot of other
"all-in-ones".

I have not tried printing a pdf file. And I have not decided whether or not
we would keep the printer. At this time we have another printer in our
wireless network that can print the landscape excel pages, but that one is
getting old. This new printer (HP8500 Officejet Wireless) is suppose to
replace the old one when it decides to break down.

ccorley wrote:

I have just successfully added my new HP8500 wireless printer to my wireless
network and it seems to connect fine and print fine from some applications
except EXCEL 2007. The spreadsheet prints fine in portrait mode, but the
margins are all off and I get partial printing if I have the spreadsheet page
set-up in landscape mode. Landscape printing in MS WORD works fine. HP
support said the following "There are some critical drivers Issue with Office
2007 as some of the code are not approved by Microsoft thats why we are not
able to print correctly with the All-in-One."

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for posting your message. Maybe it'll help someone considering the same
printer.

Can you post back on the due date with your status--still waiting (with a new
date???) or the fix worked/didn't work?

There may be a few people who google first and are following your thread.