Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Have Excel 2007 but need to open files from Excel 2003

I just recently upgraded to Office 2007 Professional, but my work still uses
2003, and when they send me Excel files, it keeps telling me that the cell
data is too large and gives me formulas instead of the actual text. I know
there is a compatibility pack to view 2007 files in 2003, but is there a way
to view 2003 files in 2007? Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

There's not supposed to be any problem in opening 2003 files in 2007, and
thus no 'compatibility' pack for it. Key words "not supposed".

I hadn't heard this one before - so I presume the 2003 files you're getting
have cells with large amounts of text in them that are getting 'converted' to
formulas? Could you give us an example of what one is supposed to be and
what it comes across as?