Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Drop down menu formatting

Hi all,

I need help linking a row of information to a specific option in a drop down
menu. My drop down menu consists of 2 options: "Complete" and "Incomplete". I
am trying to make a list of "Things required to complete a job" and next to
each item include the drop down menu to select either Complete/Incomplete. My
aim is to have the corresponding row change colour, or possibly even
disappear, when I select "Complete" from the drop down menu and return back
to normal when "Incomplete" is selected. This would enable me to highlight
and focus only on the items that were incomplete. Is there a way to do this
using excel 2007?

Dot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JCS JCS is offline

Hi Dot,

Use Data Validation for your drop down in order to be able to select
Complete or Incomplete. There are 2 ways that you can view your incomplete
records. 1. By conditional formatting or 2. (and I think the best way) by
Autofiltering using Incomplete as your criteria which would show you only the
Incomplete records.

Please press Yes if this helps,

John

"Dotti" wrote:

Hi all,

I need help linking a row of information to a specific option in a drop down
menu. My drop down menu consists of 2 options: "Complete" and "Incomplete". I
am trying to make a list of "Things required to complete a job" and next to
each item include the drop down menu to select either Complete/Incomplete. My
aim is to have the corresponding row change colour, or possibly even
disappear, when I select "Complete" from the drop down menu and return back
to normal when "Incomplete" is selected. This would enable me to highlight
and focus only on the items that were incomplete. Is there a way to do this
using excel 2007?

Dot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you hide the row how will get back to the dropdown to select
"incomplete"?

I suggest using Conditional formatting to simply change the color of the row
when "Complete" is selected.

CFValue is "Complete" format to a color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP