Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down Menu Conditional Formatting

I've created a drop down menu for cell I4 that allows users to choose A, B, C
or D. Depending on what letter they choose, I want another drop down menu.
Such as, if they choose A, I want their choices to be Apples, Oranges,
Grapes. If they choose B, I want their choices to be Grapefruit, Kiwi,
Plums. And so on. How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

karen,

When you say "drop down menu", do you mean Data Validation?

If so, this page gives instructions on how to acomplish what I think you are
describing:

HTH,

Conan

"Karen Smith" wrote in message
I've created a drop down menu for cell I4 that allows users to choose A,
B, C
or D. Depending on what letter they choose, I want another drop down
menu.
Such as, if they choose A, I want their choices to be Apples, Oranges,
Grapes. If they choose B, I want their choices to be Grapefruit, Kiwi,
Plums. And so on. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out this link...

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Karen Smith" wrote:

I've created a drop down menu for cell I4 that allows users to choose A, B, C
or D. Depending on what letter they choose, I want another drop down menu.
Such as, if they choose A, I want their choices to be Apples, Oranges,
Grapes. If they choose B, I want their choices to be Grapefruit, Kiwi,
Plums. And so on. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Isn't there another way? I downloaded VBD but I cant figure out how to open
it in excel and use it. And if I did figure out how to open it, it might
take me weeks to learn how to use it. Is there a way to do what I'm asking
within Excel itself?

"Karen Smith" wrote:

I've created a drop down menu for cell I4 that allows users to choose A, B, C
or D. Depending on what letter they choose, I want another drop down menu.
Such as, if they choose A, I want their choices to be Apples, Oranges,
Grapes. If they choose B, I want their choices to be Grapefruit, Kiwi,
Plums. And so on. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, I mean Data Validation.....I'm actually trying to work with the
contextures.com site you sent me, but I'm having a little trouble. Would you
allow me to call you to get a few quick questions answered? you can email me
at