StardustDave

Default How do I change a column label to call it what I want ?

Using Excel 2002
I want to change any column label to what I want it to be.
ie; instead of column A B C or D I want to rename them to, day - customer -
mileage - route - etc. ? I can not find this information in the help menu or
the web site for some odd reason. Thank you for your help.
Paul B

Stardust, you can not change the labels, you can put your own in row one and
then select a cell like A2 and go to windows freeze panes and that row will
stay at the top when you scroll

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"StardustDave" wrote in message
Using Excel 2002
I want to change any column label to what I want it to be.
ie; instead of column A B C or D I want to rename them to, day -

customer -
mileage - route - etc. ? I can not find this information in the help menu

or
the web site for some odd reason. Thank you for your help.

StardustDave

"Paul B" wrote:

Stardust, you can not change the labels, you can put your own in row one and
then select a cell like A2 and go to windows freeze panes and that row will
stay at the top when you scroll

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"StardustDave" wrote in message
Using Excel 2002
I want to change any column label to what I want it to be.
ie; instead of column A B C or D I want to rename them to, day -

customer -
mileage - route - etc. ? I can not find this information in the help menu

or
the web site for some odd reason. Thank you for your help.

Hello Paul B,

Thanks for the tip, this is working fine now as you described.
dave.
Otto Moehrbach

Stardust
To add to what you have already, you can also remove the A,B,C, labels.
Doing so also removes the row numbers on the left side of the screen. You
do this by selecting Tools - Options. Select the View tab. Uncheck the box
for "Row and column headers". HTH Otto