Carole Drake

Default Underline

I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is prominent.
Carole Drake
gls858

Carole Drake wrote:
I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is prominent.
Carole Drake

In Excel or when it's printed?

gls858

gls858

"gls858" wrote:

Carole Drake wrote:

I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is prominent.
Carole Drake

In Excel or when it's printed?

gls858

It's a problem with the printer itself. The feeder rollers
are probably dirty. This makes them slick and the paper doesn't
feed correctly the rollers slip on the page. Or they could just
be worn out if the printer gets a lot of use. Either way it sounds
like a printer problem to me.

gls858
Carole Drake

Thanks, gls858,
Although I think it has something to do with the printer, I don't think it
is dirty rollers because I have no problem with any other program. And not
all excel reports do it, only 2 of the 4 I am trying to print. I've tried
changing the alignment, removing and reinserting the underlines, I can't see
what the difference is between the four reports. And no one else using that
printer has the problem. Could it be a driver?

"gls858" wrote:

Carole Drake wrote:

I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is prominent.
Carole Drake

In Excel or when it's printed?

gls858

It's a problem with the printer itself. The feeder rollers
are probably dirty. This makes them slick and the paper doesn't
feed correctly the rollers slip on the page. Or they could just
be worn out if the printer gets a lot of use. Either way it sounds
like a printer problem to me.

gls858

gls858

Probably not if the other reports are printing OK.
I think it's more of a mechanical problem. Not sure
what, but it just sounds like the paper isn't feeding
consistently. That would cause the line creep.
Got another printer you can try?

gls858

"gls858" wrote:

Carole Drake wrote:

I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is prominent.
Carole Drake

In Excel or when it's printed?

gls858

It's a problem with the printer itself. The feeder rollers
are probably dirty. This makes them slick and the paper doesn't
feed correctly the rollers slip on the page. Or they could just
be worn out if the printer gets a lot of use. Either way it sounds
like a printer problem to me.

gls858

CLR

Try opening the file on another computer and printing it.......if it still
has the same problem then it definately resides within that file, rather
than being a printer problem........

You might select a cell that does print properly and is of the format you
desire and do Copy PasteSpecial Formats on the cell you want to
change.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Carole Drake" wrote in message
I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is

prominent.
Carole Drake

Carole Drake

Thanks, Chuck, it was a great idea - but it didn't help! I'm doing 4
printouts, 2 are perfect and 2 do this line creeping thing. The size of the
line depth seems to be different for the typing lines and for the underlining
lines. They both stay constant down the page - just don't match up. Do I just
have to copy and save the good one and retype the ones that are messed up? I
did try the 'paste special' so I've learned something new...

Carole

"CLR" wrote:

Try opening the file on another computer and printing it.......if it still
has the same problem then it definately resides within that file, rather
than being a printer problem........

You might select a cell that does print properly and is of the format you
desire and do Copy PasteSpecial Formats on the cell you want to
change.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Carole Drake" wrote in message
I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is

prominent.
Carole Drake

Carole Drake

,Chuck, me again. I did try it on another computer and it prints perfectly.
Strange!

Thanks all, for the help!
Carole

"CLR" wrote:

Try opening the file on another computer and printing it.......if it still
has the same problem then it definately resides within that file, rather
than being a printer problem........

You might select a cell that does print properly and is of the format you
desire and do Copy PasteSpecial Formats on the cell you want to
change.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Carole Drake" wrote in message
I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is

prominent.
Carole Drake

CLR

OK cool.......then the problem is definately NOT in the file. Assuming
you're on a network, you need to get MIS to check your printer driver and/or
the dirver betweent he network and the printer........if you're printing to a
desktop local printer, then you probably need an updated printer driver.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3