Dorothy

Default bold italics or underline

I am using 4 sheets in Excel (meaning the tabs on bottom of screen) and I
need to carry over the words or phrases that are in Bold , Italics or
Underline. How do I carry over to each sheet the text in bold, italics or
underlined words? Because I have to go to each individual sheet and change
the words I need to be in bold italics or underline.

Dorothy

Let me give an example :
I am using 4 sheets - meaning the tabs on the bottom
In cell A1 I type in the word "Excel" in BOLD print
I want that word to also show up on all four sheets in BOLD
How do I do that ?
Thanks for your help

"Dorothy" wrote:

I am using 4 sheets in Excel (meaning the tabs on bottom of screen) and I
need to carry over the words or phrases that are in Bold , Italics or
Underline. How do I carry over to each sheet the text in bold, italics or
underlined words? Because I have to go to each individual sheet and change
the words I need to be in bold italics or underline.

Peo Sjoblom

Select all sheets (click first, hold down shift and click the last), click
in A1,
type and format bold, ungroup the sheets
Otherwise you'd need VBA since if you link everything to sheet 1 the format
will not
come over

Peo Sjoblom

"Dorothy" wrote:

I am using 4 sheets in Excel (meaning the tabs on bottom of screen) and

need to carry over the words or phrases that are in Bold , Italics or
Underline. How do I carry over to each sheet the text in bold, italics

or
underlined words? Because I have to go to each individual sheet and

change
the words I need to be in bold italics or underline.

RagDyer

If that "Excel" is going into the *same* cell on all 4 sheets, *before* you
start typing, *Group* your sheets together, then type and format, where
whatever you do to one sheet is duplicated on *all* the other grouped
sheets, then ungroup.

If the "Excel" is to be duplicated in different cells, "Copy" the cell from
the first sheet, and navigate to the particular cell on each of the other
sheets, where you'd right click in each cell and choose "Paste".

HTH,

RD