Jonathan hill via OfficeKB.com

Default Help to edit (bold, colour etc) words in a text box created by control toolbox

Hi. How do i format txt inside a txt box -i.e. make certain words bold or
different colour, use bulet points or spell checks etc?
I have a fixed size txt box with horizontal scroll bars in a daily excel
report/ log. Cells available for txt input is at a premium hence my option
to have fixed size txt box with scrolls.

Problem is that we have lost abillity to highlight a few key words/
sections within this txt box by using bold or coloured txt & bullet points.
Also, a spell check is desirable but none of these features are active for
the txt box part of the excel doc.

Is there a way around this or should I use a different type of box for this
part of the report??

Dave Pterson helped me out with creating a txt box with scroll bars, if
he's out there, do you know how I can edit this?

Any help appreciated, brgrds jon

Dave Peterson

I could change the font of individual characters in a textbox from the Forms
toolbar, but not from the control toolbox toolbar.

And I get scrollbars with the textbox from the control toobox toolbar--but not
from the Forms toolbar.

I think you have to make a choice.