Carole Drake

Thanks, gls858,
Although I think it has something to do with the printer, I don't think it
is dirty rollers because I have no problem with any other program. And not
all excel reports do it, only 2 of the 4 I am trying to print. I've tried
changing the alignment, removing and reinserting the underlines, I can't see
what the difference is between the four reports. And no one else using that
printer has the problem. Could it be a driver?

"gls858" wrote:

Carole Drake wrote:
On the print preview, it is perfect; but when printed the overstrike occurs...

"gls858" wrote:

Carole Drake wrote:

I am underlining numbers in a balance sheet in Excel 2002; the underlines
keep misaligning, like an overstrike instead of an underline. At the to of
the page, all is good - by the bottom of the page the overstrike is prominent.
Carole Drake

In Excel or when it's printed?

gls858

It's a problem with the printer itself. The feeder rollers
are probably dirty. This makes them slick and the paper doesn't
feed correctly the rollers slip on the page. Or they could just
be worn out if the printer gets a lot of use. Either way it sounds
like a printer problem to me.

gls858