Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default hyperlink unpredictable

I have some buttons with hyperlinks at the top of my sheet. The idea is to
allow the user to jump down to a position way down the sheet without having
to scroll there. The problem is that excel jumps to the cell, but it doesn't
seem to care whether it's at the top or bottom. So, depending on where you
are in the sheet it might only move the row with the link to the bottom of
the screen rather than the top.

Is there any way to tell it to always place the cell you've hyperlinked to
in the top left of the screen?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Try this link:
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/hy...l_view2007.php
--
Max
Singapore
"merlin" wrote in message
I have some buttons with hyperlinks at the top of my sheet. The idea is to
allow the user to jump down to a position way down the sheet without having
to scroll there. The problem is that excel jumps to the cell, but it
doesn't seem to care whether it's at the top or bottom. So, depending on
where you are in the sheet it might only move the row with the link to the
bottom of the screen rather than the top.

Is there any way to tell it to always place the cell you've hyperlinked to
in the top left of the screen?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
With ActiveWindow
.ScrollRow = ActiveCell.Row
.ScrollColumn = ActiveCell.Column
End With
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the code into that module.

A click on a hyperlink will bring the destination cell to top left of sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP