Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Trying to find easy way to copy 400K rows of data from Subtotal

I have an excel file that has over 400K rows of information. I had to
subtotal on a colums to be able to effectively run a pivot table. But now I
have to copy all teh data from the row above the total to get the rest of the
information. So say my total is in column a row 4 to get the row above I am
doing a=3. Yay, it works, but I have 25 columns that I need to do this for
and the only way I can figure how to get the information to populate all the
way down is by doing copy/paste and it pastes the formula...However when I
try to do a Special Paste it is not, so I have been doing it row by row. I am
on 129K but there has got to be an easier way!!! HELP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"MnCujo15" wrote in message
I have an excel file that has over 400K rows of information. I had to
subtotal on a colums to be able to effectively run a pivot table. But now
have to copy all teh data from the row above the total to get the rest of
the
information. So say my total is in column a row 4 to get the row above I
am
doing a=3. Yay, it works, but I have 25 columns that I need to do this for
and the only way I can figure how to get the information to populate all
the
way down is by doing copy/paste and it pastes the formula...However when I
try to do a Special Paste it is not, so I have been doing it row by row. I
am
on 129K but there has got to be an easier way!!! HELP

Err wouldn't you be far better off using a proper database application such
as Access for that huge quantity of data?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Trying to find easy way to copy 400K rows of data from Subtota

So, are the only blanks the ones with subtotals?

If so, go to the first blank, make the cell = cell above...

copy the calculated cell

highlight the column, F5, Special, blanks, paste