Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gordon[_9_] Gordon[_9_] is offline

Default Trying to find easy way to copy 400K rows of data from Subtotal

"MnCujo15" wrote in message
I have an excel file that has over 400K rows of information. I had to
subtotal on a colums to be able to effectively run a pivot table. But now
have to copy all teh data from the row above the total to get the rest of
the
information. So say my total is in column a row 4 to get the row above I
am
doing a=3. Yay, it works, but I have 25 columns that I need to do this for
and the only way I can figure how to get the information to populate all
the
way down is by doing copy/paste and it pastes the formula...However when I
try to do a Special Paste it is not, so I have been doing it row by row. I
am
on 129K but there has got to be an easier way!!! HELP

Err wouldn't you be far better off using a proper database application such
as Access for that huge quantity of data?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level