Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Surpress Average Error

Hi

I have a range of cells P6:P19 that have no data in them and a formula in
cell P20 that is =AVERAGE(P6:P19).

This returns a #DIV/0! error

This of course is no problem once I start to enter data into the range, but
I would like to surpess this #DIV/0! error when there is no data in the range.

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

One way to suppress:
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(P6:P19)),"",AVERAGE(P6:P19))
--
Max
Singapore