Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default average with error

I'm trying to complete an average for time.

The problem is I'm doing this over a 12month period so the months where
there is no data I'm getting the #DIV\0!

in each month i have a time colum at the bottom of each i have a monthly
average colum where i want to get the average time for the month... this is
the formula that i am using:
=IF(AVERAGE(F6:F36)=iserror,"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

I'm still getting the #DIV\0! error which in turns causes my YTD average to
be the same.

I appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your help.

I tried the formula but I'm getting the error: The formula you typed
contains an error.

I'm not sure why becuase it's not telling me what the error is.

"tryn2learn" wrote:

I'm trying to complete an average for time.

The problem is I'm doing this over a 12month period so the months where
there is no data I'm getting the #DIV\0!

in each month i have a time colum at the bottom of each i have a monthly
average colum where i want to get the average time for the month... this is
the formula that i am using:
=IF(AVERAGE(F6:F36)=iserror,"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

I'm still getting the #DIV\0! error which in turns causes my YTD average to
be the same.

I appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Missing a ")" :

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(F6:F36)),"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tryn2learn" wrote:

I'm trying to complete an average for time.

The problem is I'm doing this over a 12month period so the months where
there is no data I'm getting the #DIV\0!

in each month i have a time colum at the bottom of each i have a
monthly
average colum where i want to get the average time for the month...
this is
the formula that i am using:
=IF(AVERAGE(F6:F36)=iserror,"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

I'm still getting the #DIV\0! error which in turns causes my YTD
average to
be the same.

I appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, if you are looking for an error in a formula you could start by
looking at parentheses, make sure that the numbers of opening & closing
match, and that the parentheses are appropriately placed for the parameters
of the relevant functions.

Try changing =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(F6:F36),"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36)) to
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(F6:F36)),"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))
--
David Biddulph

"tryn2learn" wrote:

I'm trying to complete an average for time.

The problem is I'm doing this over a 12month period so the months where
there is no data I'm getting the #DIV\0!

in each month i have a time colum at the bottom of each i have a
monthly
average colum where i want to get the average time for the month...
this is
the formula that i am using:
=IF(AVERAGE(F6:F36)=iserror,"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

I'm still getting the #DIV\0! error which in turns causes my YTD
average to
be the same.

I appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

that's it!

thank you both very much... it work perfectly.

I hope you have a great rest of the day.

Missing a ")" :