-   -   Surpress Average Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/230047-surpress-average-error.html)

John Calder

Surpress Average Error

Hi

I have a range of cells P6:P19 that have no data in them and a formula in
cell P20 that is =AVERAGE(P6:P19).

This returns a #DIV/0! error

This of course is no problem once I start to enter data into the range, but
I would like to surpess this #DIV/0! error when there is no data in the range.

Thanks

John

Max

Surpress Average Error

One way to suppress:
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(P6:P19)),"",AVERAGE(P6:P19))
--
Max
Singapore
"John Calder" wrote:
I have a range of cells P6:P19 that have no data in them and a formula in
cell P20 that is =AVERAGE(P6:P19).

This returns a #DIV/0! error

This of course is no problem once I start to enter data into the range, but
I would like to surpess this #DIV/0! error when there is no data in the range.

Dave Peterson

Surpress Average Error

=if(count(p6:p19)=0,"no data yet",AVERAGE(P6:P19))

John Calder wrote:

Hi

I have a range of cells P6:P19 that have no data in them and a formula in
cell P20 that is =AVERAGE(P6:P19).

This returns a #DIV/0! error

This of course is no problem once I start to enter data into the range, but
I would like to surpess this #DIV/0! error when there is no data in the range.

Thanks

John

--

Dave Peterson

John Calder

Surpress Average Error

Thanks both Dave's answer and yours work great !

John