Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default More than one cell is selected when I left click. Why?

I have an Excel 2007 worksheet. When I left click on a cell, instead of that
cell having a box around it, the selection box is around that cell and 5
others under it. And when I try to select a row, that row and five below it
are selected. How do I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm betting that you have merged some cells. This gives the appearance of a
giant cell.

Rightclick on that cell
Format|cells|alignment tab|uncheck merge

(select all the cells on the worksheet first to get get rid of all these merged
cells)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel makes it possible to extend a selection. You can toggle this by hitting
the F8 key (it's a toggle key).

Maybe you were in extend mode when you had your earlier trouble.

womusic wrote:

I have an Excel 2007 worksheet. When I left click on a cell, instead of that
cell having a box around it, the selection box is around that cell and 5
others under it. And when I try to select a row, that row and five below it
are selected. How do I fix this?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ME 2,
and it's driving me mad I say, though I am not a new user, this thread was
the only place I found the problem addressed and F8 nor merged cells are the
problem ....or solution

"womusic" wrote:

I have an Excel 2007 worksheet. When I left click on a cell, instead of that
cell having a box around it, the selection box is around that cell and 5
others under it. And when I try to select a row, that row and five below it
are selected. How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Make small changes to the Zoom factor and see if the problem goes away.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP